Thursday, February 23, 2006

The Devil's in the detail...



Or in this case, Neptune.

As I said a few days ago, London repays you for looking at its detail, just in the same way as do most other great cities. Here, I am still on the Thames river side, looking at a part of the Victorian cast iron work that is a delightful feature of the walks. Here is a short description of a route. Even the more recent additions to the ironwork have all been done to similar patterns.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 3

Comments on "The Devil's in the detail..."

 

Blogger Michael Salone said ... (05:30) : 

But where is it Ham? On a wall? A bench? A door? Great detail, but can't figure out where the iron works are.

 

Blogger Ham said ... (10:02) : 

Mea, it is very hard to tell the differerence between the Victorian and the more recent additions (except that some have dates on, if you look). I think this is one of the Victorian ones. They are painted regularly, which has kept them in good condition.

Michael - true, true. This is on the base of one of the lights along the Southbank, a more general shot is now on My Other Stuff.

 

Blogger Michael Salone said ... (05:06) : 

Thanks Ham, now I see. It helps me to get the perspective.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile