Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Blessed are the peacemakers



This Statue of the peaceful revolutionary, Ghandi, is in Tavistock Square. It is poignant that it is just where one of the July bombs exploded. Go to Rachel's Blog to learn from an eloquent survivor.


Note: Ham is on holiday this week, and the posts are happening with the assistance of San Francisco Daily Photo ;-)

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 5

Comments on "Blessed are the peacemakers"

 

Blogger Fred said ... (02:23) : 

Hi Ham:

I lived in London for a few years. I'm just getting around to looking at your blog, and recognize quite a few shots.

I'll be back for more. (Do you take requests?)

 

Blogger Bob said ... (10:50) : 

Thanks ham: My uncle saw Gandhi speak in a Manchester textile factory.

 

Blogger Amande said ... (18:16) : 

This picture is very touching, I like the colours and the atmosphere.

 

Blogger Ham said ... (15:14) : 

Thanks Karine, there are normally some flowers or offerings around this statue, and some candles in the hollow underneath. Technically, the pic is full frame, unretouched (exif info is all there)

Fred, I do take requests - but I may not give them back ;-) I will try, though.

Bob, what was he doing in Manchester? was it a union thing?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:41) : 

H
I must have passed this 100's of times on my way from Euston Home on the bus and never noticed it was there. Yesterday I did for the 1st time. Keep it up.
Pen

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile